Here is a wonderful collection of Table Topics on a theme as personal as emotions. Needless to say, this is one subject that should open the flood gates for personal stories in a meeting. We express our gratitude to TM Ria from Delhi for her submission. Take a look below.
RELATED: How to do the role of Table Topic Master?
It’s very rare that we speak at length about our emotions. On most occasions, we make fleeting references to them in our conversations and quickly change topics to something lighter. It wouldn’t be wrong to say that people feel vulnerable talking about their emotions, although it’s absolutely misplaced. So my sincere appreciation to the TMOD for choosing such a wonderful topic. And on that note, it’s time for you to speak at length about them in our Table Topic session. All of you are welcome to volunteer and speak for 1 to 2 minutes on some simple topics I have drafted. Let’s begin.
- On a random day, which emotion are you most likely to be available in?
- Which of the two emotions do you feel more strongly – anger or fear?
- One incidence in your life where you feel you didn’t manage your emotions well?
- Over the last week, when were you the happy, sad and angry?
- Are emotions a strength or weakness?
- Shame, disgust or envy – which of the 3 you identify with the most?
- Happiness is the most desirable emotion – agree or disagree.
RELATED: How to appreciate Table Topic Speakers?
Thank you TM Ria for this submission.
We here at mymeetingroles.com are creating a pool of scripts / ideas for various roles in Toastmasters. If you have any ideas, please share with us here or email us at email@example.com
For more fun ideas to conduct a Table Topic session, click here.