On a serious theme like parenting, it can be tough to come up with Table Topic ideas that motivate people to speak and make the session interesting as well. It’s important to think outside the box and come up with topics that are innovative. Here is an example of the same by TM Shilpa from Mumbai. Have a look.
Parenting is a skill no one is prepared for and you always learn it on the job. It’s tiring, frustrating and yet something everyone craves for. And once you turn a parent, you turn into that chatty girl who can’t stop talking even if no one is listening. So today, I will give you time and a room full of audience to speak your heart out about your parenting experience. Topics in today’s session are themed on parenting on which any of you can speak for 1 to 2 minutes. So let’s begin.
Who would like to volunteer?
1) What’s the funniest thing your child said?
2) What’s the difference between raising a child and raising a puppy?
3) What would you tell a child if he/she asks where they came from?
4) That moment when your child embarrassed you in front of someone.
5) Three parenting tips that you would like to give a new parent.
6) Do you think it’s true that fathers tend to like daughters more and mothers their sons?
7) Which qualities of yours would you not want your child to inherit?
Thank you so much TM Shilpa for this wonderful submission. If you have a script or idea for any role in Toastmasters, do let us know here.
For more ideas to host a fun Table Topic Session, look here.