We are in absolute agreement with TM Smita from Mumbai about one thing she mentions in this submission – the fact that we forget Toastmasters is as much about leadership as it is about public speaking. This submission for table topics on leadership is therefore all that’s needed to remind us. Take a look.
RELATED: How to do the role of Table Topic Master?
In Toastmasters, we are so focused about public speaking that we often forget that Toastmasters is as much about leadership as it is about public speaking. In fact, as a member, if you don’t utilise the platform to hone your leadership skills, you are missing out on half the learning. I say this not because we are on the lookout for a new EC team to take charge but because I genuinely discovered this when I became a part of the EC team. I discovered leadership is an enriching experience. Some of you are or have already been club leaders while others have not. So let’s hear from you about your views on leadership. I request you to kindly volunteer to speak for 1 to 2 minutes on some simple topics related to leadership. Let’s begin.
- If you could go on a dinner date with any leader, who would you pick?
- What type of leader would you not want to become?
- Do you think a leader is unduly credited for entire organisation’s success?
- Is leadership an inborn trait?
- If you had to share a personal leadership story, what would it be?
- What’s your view about our world leaders at large?
- What has Toastmasters taught you about leadership?
RELATED: How to appreciate Table Topic Speakers?
Thank you TM Smita for this submission.
We here at mymeetingroles.com are creating a pool of scripts / ideas for various roles in Toastmasters. If you have any ideas, please share with us here or email us at email@example.com
For more fun ideas to conduct a Table Topic session, click here.