This submission is by TM Siddharth from Mumbai. TM Siddharth has drafted some really simple and engaging topics on the subject of advertisements. What we really liked about the topics is that they would easily get club members to begin speaking. Read his submission below.
When I was a kid, I absolutely loved the Amul ad. Every time the funky jingle appeared on TV ‘aage aage badhta hai India” I would shout out in excitement to complete it with “Amul doodh pita hai India.” While most ads are frustrating and all of us would love to watch television sans ads of any form, you have to agree that some ads are delightful and even entertaining. Let’s get your views on all of this and more in today’s table topic session. I have some simple topics on which any of you can volunteer to speak for 1 to 2 minutes. Let’s begin.
- Which ads made you smile every time you saw them?
- Do you feel ads influence your decision to buy products?
- Ads that you hate to the core.
- How do you feel about celebrities endorsing products in ads?
- Alcohol companies are banned from advertising. Do you think that works?
- Banning ads on kid’s channels. What’s your view?
- What’s more frustrating – ads on TV or ads on internet.
Thank you TM Siddharth for this submission.
For more fun ideas to conduct a Table Topic session, click here.