Here is a submission for table topics by TM Rita from Delhi. Rita has drafted some table topic questions around the theme of mentoring – a subject close to Toastmasters. Can you send us some more questions connecting mentoring and Toastmasters? Meanwhile, read her submission below.
RELATED: How to do the role of Table Topic Master?
In Toastmasters, we clearly value mentoring a lot. This is evident from the fact that each one of us is expected to deliver a 7 minute speech on the same at some point during our pathways journey. So each one of us has either already delivered that speech or are about to deliver in the near future. Either ways, it makes great sense to try a short impromptu version of the same today. So let’s try it out in our Table Topic Session. All of you are welcome to speak impromptu on some aspect of mentors or teachers for 1 to 2 minutes. Let’s begin.
- Teachers who made studying fun and interesting.
- If you had to become a teacher, what would you teach?
- If you could hire anyone in the world to be your mentor, whom would you pick?
- How important have mentors been in your life?
- Teachers you feared during childhood.
- Do you think people who are role models make great mentors?
- How has your mentoring experience been in Toastmasters?
RELATED: How to appreciate Table Topic Speakers?
Thank you TM Rita for this submission.
We here at mymeetingroles.com are making a collection of scripts / introductions for all roles in Toastmasters. If you have such ideas or scripts that you have used in your club, let us know here or email us at email@example.com.
For more ideas to host a Table Topic Session, click here.