TM Olivia loves poems. She confessed that she writes poems as well. Too sad we do not have a section for poems in this website. But we did like her table topic session on poems. Read her submission below.
Some of the best feelings have been expressed not in books or songs but in poems. Powerful truth laid out in words measured and sometimes rhymed. Today I have selected a few of them to host this session. I have some popular lines from beautiful poems on which any of you can speak for 1 to 2 minutes. Let’s begin.
- “To be or not to be: that is the question”
- “Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.”
- “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less travelled by.”
- “If I should die, think only this of me”
- “When I am an old woman I shall wear purple, with a red hat which doesn’t go and doesn’t suit me”
- “Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul”
Thank you TM Olivia for this submission.
We here at mymeetingroles.com are making a collection of scripts / introductions for all roles in Toastmasters. If you have such ideas or scripts that you have used in your club, let us know here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more ideas to host a fun Table Topic Session, click here.