TM George from Chicago seems inspired in this submission for a Table Topic Game. Thankfully, he was inspired from one of the best source of education in modern times – the Big Bang Theory TV series. George brought to the table a fun game played by characters in the series. Read his submission below and see if you like it.
The other day, I was watching one of the episodes of Big Bang Theory for the zillionth time where Sheldon and Amy were playing a weird game. In involved predicting the turn of events in a hypothetical world with bizarre circumstances. And I thought I should play this game with my friends. But then I realized that Toastmasters would actually be the perfect place to play it. So I present to you a game about alternate universes. I would present to you strange circumstances in alternate universes and you have to imagine how life would exist in such a universe. To help you out, I have kept the first one extremely simple. So, who would like to volunteer?
- In a world with no crime, police or court, what mistakes would you like to commit?
- In a world where water had alcoholic properties, how would your life be?
- In a world where all celebrities were common people, whom would you like to date?
- In a world where money was not invented, would you still work?
- In a world where time was not invented, how would you measure your life?
- In a world where travelling was free, which places would you like to travel to?
- In a world where no one lied, how would marriage work?
Thank you TM George for this submission.
We here at mymeetingroles.com are making a collection of scripts / introductions for all roles in Toastmasters. If you have such ideas or scripts that you have used in your club, let us know here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more ideas to host a fun Table Topic Session, click here.