TM Monica from London has a thing for proverbs. Or may be not. We couldn’t assess it correctly because she used proverbs for her table topics but with a twist. Read her submission below.
RELATED: How to do the role of Table Topic Master?
Have you noted that there is a stand format on which all our time proof proverbs were created? Somebody would usually take a relatable concept and used it as a metaphor to explain a higher concept. For example – a stitch in time saves nine. This I belief is unfair to the tailor who gets no credit for making the stitch. Today I will present some proverbs with no higher concept, just the plain truth. Any of you can volunteer to speak for 1 to 2 minutes on these absolute truths of life. Let’s begin.
- A chain is only as strong as the iron it is made of
- A journey of thousand miles is usually made on a plane
- If there is a will I want to be in it
- A picture is worth only on instagram
- Don’t judge a book by its price
- Don’t put all your eggs in your stomach
- Lightning never strikes a building with earthing.
RELATED: How to appreciate Table Topic Speakers?
Thank you TM Monica for this submission.
We here at mymeetingroles.com are making a collection of scripts / introductions for all roles in Toastmasters. If you have such ideas or scripts that you have used in your club, let us know here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more ideas to host a fun Table Topic Session, click here.