Generally, when designing Table Topics, the golden rule is to keep it simple so that all audience members are motivated to participate. However, once in a while, it’s good to break the golden rule and put your club members on a spot by asking some tough questions. TM James from London has done just this. Read his submission below.
Social media has presented us with some tough choices in life – protecting our personal data VS staying in the loop. So being at the receiving end, it’s only fair we ask some tough questions from social media. That’s what today’s Table Topic session is about – some tough questions on social media on which any of you can come and give your opinion for 1 to 2 minutes. Let’s begin.
- How similar is social media to a black hole?
- If Facebook was a country, would it be more like the US or China?
- Is banning all social media really the solution?
- Everything has a price. So does social media.
- Facebook has our personal data. But so does the government.
- I would exit all social media if someone gave me ….
- Would you rather live in a time with no social media or in the current times?
Thank you TM James for this submission.
We here at mymeetingroles.com are making a collection of scripts / introductions for all roles in Toastmasters. If you have such ideas or scripts that you have used in your club, let us know here or email us at email@example.com.
For more ideas to host a fun Table Topic Session, click here.