We had earlier received a submission for a TMOD theme on the year 2020. Read it here.
TM William from Charlotte has drafted some fun Table Topics on the year 2020. As this year is coming to an end, it could be a great time to host a similar session in your club as well. Read William’s submission below.
2020 is coming to an end and there could be no better time to speak about the year in a light hearted fashion. We have already seen the worst 2020 had to offer and frankly there isn’t much time left to make it any more worse. So let’s rewind and laugh as we do so, on the subject of 2020. I have framed some amusing topics on the year on which any of you can speak for 1 to 2 minutes. So let’s begin. Who would like to volunteer?
1) Which do you think is a better description for the year 2020 – “A year best forgotten” or “the most memorable year of life yet”
2) Speak anything except Covid about the year 2020 for two minutes
3) If you could go back to December 2019 and inform yourself about 2020, how would you plan this year?
4) Imagine you are 75 years old telling stories to your grandchildren. What would your 2020 story be?
5) Lessons learnt and takeaways from 2020.
6) If a movie was made on 2020, which genre do you think would be most befitting – tragic, horror or comic?
7) Having seen 2020, what are your plans and hopes for 2021?
Thank you so much TM William for the wonderful topics.
We here at mymeetingroles.com are creating a pool of scripts and introductions that can serve as an inspiration to anyone in need. If you have an idea for any role in Toastmasters, do let us know here.
For more ideas to host a fun Table Topic Session, look here.