Table Topics is the most fun session in a Toastmasters meeting. Here is a brilliant idea by TM Neha from Mumbai where she takes the fun to next level by mixing it with popular lines from Hollywood movies. Have a look.
You may forget the exact words to a brilliant quote but not a good movie dialog. The visuals, story and character uttering those words create a strong impact in our brains. Often, we attempt to repeat them in an identical tone as uttered by the character. Probably this makes them stick to our small brains.
So today, I have some popular dialogs from Hollywood movies on which any of you can speak for 1 to 2 minutes. Let’s begin.
1) “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible” – When Harry met Sally
2) “I am just one stomach flu away from my goal weight” – The Devil wears Prada
3) “What we have got here is a failure to communicate” – Cool hand Luke.
4) “Keep your friends close but your enemies closer” – The Godfather.
5) “Roads? Where we’re going we don’t need roads.” – Back to the future.
6) “Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extra ordinary” – Dead Poets Society.
7) “My mama always said life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get” – Forest Gump
Thank you so much TM Neha for the wonderful topics.
We here at mymeetingroles.com are creating a pool of scripts and introductions that can serve as an inspiration to anyone in need. If you have an idea for any role in Toastmasters, do let us know here.
For more ideas to host a fun Table Topic Session, look here.