Failure is a tough subject and one that people often shy away from discussing. TM Shweta from Chennai has drafted Table Topic questions that motivates people to talk about it freely. Have a look.
Failure is an immensely personal experience that some people are embarrassed to speak about. They feel it makes them somehow small. However, personally I feel that no one should be ashamed of speaking about their failures. Not only does it demonstrate that you are over it but hidden in your example may be the clues to someone else’s troubles. So today, in the Table Topic session I will give you an opportunity to speak about your failures. Any of you can volunteer to speak for 1 to 2 minutes on a topic given by me.
So let’s begin. Who would like to volunteer first?
1) Its said that failure is important in life. In what ways do you think failure helps a person?
2) Your biggest failure yet.
3) Tell us about a new thing you tried and failed recently.
4) How do you pick yourself up and boost your spirits after a failure?
5) What’s your view on the idea of failing early in life? Do you think it helps?
6) All of us have heard several stories of famous people who failed. Which is your favorite one?
7) A person in your circle you respect immensely for his or her journey in life.
Thank you so much TM Shweta for this wonderful submission. If you have a script or idea for any role in Toastmasters, do let us know here.
For more ideas to host a fun Table Topic Session, click here.