It is generally expected that the topics in the Table Topic Session would be linked to the theme of the meeting as set by the TMOD. However, it doesn’t hurt to break the rules once in a while. At the most, the General Evaluator may make a remark about the same and you may not get the “Best Long Role Player” certificate. Not a very big loss.
So here are some funny table topics that you can use for your next session as the Table Topic Master.
A general complain most of us have is that being humorous on stage is tough. While in prepared speeches, you can draft the speech with careful thought to attempt bringing a smile on people’s face, in Table Topic, thinking on the feet and making people laugh simultaneously is very difficult. So today, I have designed the Table Topics in such a manner that would give you ample scope to infuse organic laughter in your speech.
As you know, in this session everyone including the guests is welcome to speak for 1 to 2 minutes on a simple and humorous topic given by me. Who would like to volunteer first?
1) The best thing about my life is my wife.
2) Of course the chicken came first.
3) The three mistakes of my life.
4) I am not an alcoholic. I am a social drinker.
5) Strangest thing seen on reality Shows.
6) If I had the invisibility cloak of Harry Potter …
7) How can Toastmasters help Donald Trump?
8) Would you rather be Alan from Hangover or Sheldon from Big Bang Theory?
Got some more ideas? Let us know in your comments.
RELATED: Every Table Topic Master should appreciate Table Topic speakers after their speeches to boost their confidence. To know how to do this effectively, look here.